Popular Posts

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Futuron: Box Retrospective Part III

Today, due to delays with the last Futuron set post, I'm giving an update to the Futuron box art.

First up we have 6850 Auxilliary Patroller
Source: Brick Pirate
















Here's the alternates panel.  I like that they used the quarter windows in 2/3s of the alternates.  I found them hard to use with this small of a set.  My favorite is the little station.

















6953 Cosmic Laser Launcher.  This is from my personal collection.  I have 1 Futuron box and this is it.  Saves me a Google search...














Mine is open and built, so no images of glistening sealed parts to see here.  After all, isn't Lego meant to be opened and played with?  Ignore me, I love a good sealed set when I can find one.   But nowadays everyone thinks they're worth a lot so I generally settle for used sets.






















Here's the back.  I favor the spaceship and station on the left.  They're much cooler than those on the right. 
















6932 Star Defender 200

From Bricklink's legotrainfan
He's got a sealed copy...I'm happy for him...mine is sun damaged.

 misb-6932-1.jpg
Also from Bricklink's legotrainfan
This is an image of the set when the front flap is opened.  Lego doesn't have packaging like this anymore.  So much selling is done over the internet that the added cost was deemed excessive.  But let me tell you; I miss this old method of packaging.  Check out those beautiful unmarred bricks.























I finally found a much nicer picture for StarDefender 200's alternates.  This image came from Simon_829's listing on Ebay.  I'm in awe of that top left spacecraft.  It's insanely cool for a secondary alt.  The famous giant canopy appears in only one model.




















Lego 1974 with Star Quest
From Brickshelf: Nori-gallery... The arrow is very insistent.  Free Space set. 
 box01.jpg
I honestly didn't expect to find this, but once again Nori-gallery to the rescue.  It's interesting that they only show the alternates built out of the individual models.  Nothing is a combination, similar to what was done with lego-1616-combo
I like the bridge and the left most space fighter.  Overall, very nice. 
box02.jpg

From AirMauro on Brickshelf.  Here's 6703 Space Minifigures
6703-02.jpg
And also from Airmauro.  The back of the box lacks alternates.  But there's a nice handy inventory.
6703-03.jpg

That's all for today folks.

No comments: