Popular Posts

Sunday, February 22, 2015

MOC: Parallax Mitigator

This is a different kind of post;  but not entirely out of the subject matter, as you will see.























There's this thing called a Vic Viper that was popularized by Nenn a good while back...This guy was seriously cranking out Vic Vipers when I was in College until it seemed like everyone had caught the craze and followed suit; leading to NNovvember, a Vic Viper building month.























I wanted to build a Vic Viper too. The bandwagon effect was fading and Nnenn was gone; but he'd inspired everyone, including me.

Nnenn's flickr contained these simple directions which draw attention to the important features.



















This M:Tron derived Vic Viper was the result, mind you this is from June 2013...a scant 2 months before I actually began writing this blog.  You may have seen it in passing on flickr, but I wanted to showcase it here.






















I built my Vic Viper with Multi Core Magnetizer, Stellar Recon Voyager, and Beacon Tracer. At the time, that was all the M:Tron I had.

I took a cue from M:Tron's naming conventions and called it the Parallax Mitigator, perfect for a dogfighter spacecraft.  Read as: Lessening the difference in the apparent position of an object viewed along two different lines of sight.

This is the previous use of the Honeycomb brick I mentioned earlier in the M:Tron reviews.


















I chose to keep with M:Tron's schtick for Magnets and small stored vehicles and went with an assymetrical approach for it.




















An engine was incorporated in the back because I had this open space and needed to do something with it...which necessitated making the fin movable as well.




















This is not the greatest Vic Viper in the world; no, this is just a tribute.


Resources
Vic Viper Flickr Group

nnenn's flickr stream

Nnenn writeup by Gizmodo

No comments: