Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Re-Imagine Seatron Part 4




Now that the spaceship variants of this new modular element have been explored it's time to bring it back to the scene of reveal from part 2 of this series.  I will show you the various iterations of truck this add on can make.















The first unit is a rigidframe connection, which given, the lack of a pin connection for the two pin double wheels, allows a suspension style for the design.  I think that kind of activity in the design screams EXCITEMENT... see, my robot is falling over with awe.




























Next Up I swap the wheel locations and due entirely to the 'one available technic pinhole' limitation, I fit the large wheels on upside down... spacing between the indicator arrow plate on the wheel modular bit and its pin is an exact fit for the magnetic winch modular... but only upside down.  If I put it on arrow side up it just flops... Unconventional?  Yes, but it works.






























I guess I should admit that taking the wings off my twin spaceship to stow it feels just a bit like cheating... Ain't it nifty though?


And then the lab drove away like a heavy load hauler... I'll now show off a third load for this cargo carrier.














A new deliverable octagon crate can deliver rockets to this fancy re-re-remodded spacecraft.












The octagon crate was originally part of an elaborate scheme to build a deliverable, expanding underwater space station.  But I took one look at it and my available supply of 'blacktron yellow' bits and immediately decided to do something more... ordinary.












Robot can install the little rocket tip bits as seen here for that extra bit of delivery oomph.













And then robot casually delivers itself to a different job with transparent dark blue rocket tip imbued gusto.













And that's that spaceship with its load of snail mail.














Moving right along we get back to my captain's command unit pulling the Magnetic winch module.














Since I neglected to photograph it pulling the submarine here it is once again pulling the twinship... and if I show everything pulling everything this blog post selection will get monstrously big... I've had one or two mod changes I've pulled out right at the end of a photography section and then been like... another one!... bleah, yeah I'll photograph that later if ever.














Which side is the front?  Guess it depends on the job.  As you can see here, I tilted the command units antennae toward the dome signifying that for now the twinship has control.













I can drop the hitch and have a solid body again.  It doesn't twist anymore, how cool is that!  OK... actually, I prefer twisty vehicles...we the readers demand something cooler.














So I reverse the wheels again... that's funny, I could swear there were 4 smaller wheels a minute ago?
So... there was a problem with the design of my modulars... I couldn't fit the little double wheel modular on the back like normal with the command cabin and and magnetic winch as a rigid body, and adding the hitch built a flopping floppity flopper... no pics... It embarrassed me.  So what's this... things are tilted, and clearly I made the module go upside down.













You're damn right I did, and the result is fantastic... or, well... at least I think so.














Drive wheels over wheels like on 6949 Robo Guardian from Spyrius.  This right here is probably my favorite truck variant.
















Given the upward slant I really don't forsee this twinship forcing a decision on who drives.













And then... it too carried the octagonal box.  It could not pull the submarine... more accurately (it kinda can, but the magnets don't actually touch... it's a funky fit.)  A small flaw, but I think the truck still looks awesome.

It's Cargo... spoiled food via snail mail if you read that like escargot.  I can tote the twinship's rocket bits around with it and get them worked on at the underwater planet's rocket facility... what's that?  a rocket facility?    

And now here we are leaving off the truck with a mild modjustment.  Since I decided I could pop off the twinships' wings for cars, I thought to do it for submarine delivery.














And the octagon cargo that could have been part of a growing oceanic moonbase but wasn't.






So... I likely have one more post related to the moonbase portion of this Seatron Modular MOC.
It was meant to be modular too, but is instead a pretty ordinary base type thing.. I'll have that shortly... As I've been sitting on it some ideas for improvement have been stewing.  Like what if I could make it more interactive?  Would that make it cooler... or muddy the clean presentation.

Anyways, I'll be off now.

Sincerely, 

The Cure-all Pill








No comments: