Popular Posts

Friday, May 30, 2014

6990 Alternate: Lunar Scooter Dock'n'go

My favorite feature of the Futuron line is the little cars and scooters that hide in the big ships.  Given the fondness I have for this feature I built a station for docking scooters that can be transported by a little Monorail train. 















I designed two scooters for the train to carry as an added play feature.  In addition, I added a small robot and its own personal holding cell. 







The back of the train is the particle wave reactor, or in layman's terms it's an engine.













The Monorail secures its scooters in a pocket behind the driver.  The driver himself has tools at easy arms reach.


















The robot rides in the back and services the Particle wave reactor.











The doors drop down for unloading the robot. 









 












I used the dome windows on the station.  They're massive as Lego pieces go.  I love this piece, and the idea of this piece...but I find implementation of the part to be restrictive with 6990's available part selection.  I went for the most basic use of the parts to save on frustration.  The result is an attractive half dome rising up above the lunar surface.





















The dome is surrounded by a catwalk and I've added a stairway for my astronauts to get up into the control center.  




















Overall I'm satisfied with the construction options offered by 6990.  Like previous Futuron sets it is over encumbered with plates as this is the theme's primary weakness.  Fortunately the selection of bricks is better than average, and the number of funky transparent, printed, and spacey bricks makes for a wide spread of options.

This now ends the segment for Futuron set alternatives.  Future models will be some combination of parts from the entire theme. 

Until next time.

No comments: