Popular Posts

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Classic Space Shenanigans

Here's a curiousity for ya.  This is a Danish catalog from 1983.

I was on Dave's Lego Space Collection when I saw this little gem.
(Clicking through Dave's site I found nothing but broken links.  I don't know why this was still available.)


Holy smokes...6843...6873...What and how?  What do the small asterisks mean?

Raketskib is Danish for Rocket Ship, and Mineral fartøj is Danish for Mineral Vessel.

I consider myself to be well read in the topic of old Lego Space sets...I know all of them...  I even know about this unreleased model; 1526.

If you frequent Brickset, I assume you may have seen it as well.

So I did some investigating...because if these exist...

After snooping around I found this Eurobricks forum post and came to the disappointing realization that I had dug up a decade and some years old Lugnet Prank.

Still; well played Dave.

I'm pretty sure that Classic Space Sets from 1982 and 83 will complete the Mystery models in that fake pamphlet.  To that end I've compiled a small list for my guess as to where those pieces came from.
If you want to try building Dave's Classic Space deception, I suggest starting with these three models.

Cosmic Cruiser


Galaxy Commander


Supply Station


So...that was a pleasant diversion, I hope you enjoyed not sifting through the internets looking for things that don't exist.  That's all for now folks.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Dave here. I just stumbled across this blog post during a Google search for 1526! I was feeling nostalgic after being gifted a boxed 1593 today for an early birthday gift. Anyway, sorry to dash your dreams. That was one of the first projects I made in Photoshop in the late 1990s. It was rather evil of me and it actually ended up being added in a few of the major online databases before it was later removed. Cheers. <3

Cure-all Pill said...

Thanks for dropping by Dave. You got me all excited for a few hours once upon a day. Well played.