Popular Posts

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Beacon Tracer + Pulsar Charger = Asymmetry Equalizer

I kept thinking this would be a fun, small mashup, so since I've got the time, here's a new MOC created using two small sets from M-Tron

Pulsar Charger








+
Beacon Tracer
















=

Asymmetry Equalizer

There are a total of 66 pieces available, and after completion 8 pieces were left, I kept attempting fairly banal designs until I thought back to one of the Beacon Tracer box alts and tried this downward facing look.  Upon adding a scooter to the side I went from nope, nope, nope, to oh my gosh, this!


It's a small one off, but the only limitation I faced was in my brain, once I stopped thinking symmetrically the design hit me in the face and I was done in no time.  

















On their own neither of these vehicles is impressive, but when they can attach and detach, now we're onto something.  I certainly want to do something like this again...only bigger!

Don't let small sets fool you, limitations can force you to develop new tactics in your modeling, as you return to the main collection you can take that new idea and incorporate it into something else.

Sincerely, 
The Cure-all Pill

No comments: