Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Futuron: 6884 AERO-Module ---alternate 4

The end is near...here is the last 6884 AERO-Module alternate


And it's also really cool, albeit...building it had me racking my brain, and I make no promise that it's right in the bottom rear.



















The window drops over the cockpit and floats, it's only propped up by the engine in back.  I was mildly concerned that I was building the ship wrong...again...there was a lot of uncertainty with this one.  But as for the effect...I really like the end result.













Given the window's prime place in the original model, I was concerned this model wouldn't be able to differentiate itself enough.  Turning the window around goes a long way toward making a change, and the mandibles bring out a light SD 200 vibe.  The fixed wings are as forward as can be allowed without throwing off the shape.


















I really like reverse swept wings in my own MOC building... not sure if they're worth the additional engineering considerations... but it sure looks cool on this Grumman X-29








As for my uncertain construction decisions...I've photographed my impression of the bottom rear in light of remaining elements.

















While they aren't as involved as 6884's wing design, it can be noted that the model does have moving parts... the window rises, and the side lights swing out to... alter the drag coefficient?



















All in all a decent alternate is provided in this craft, it's a balanced design, challenging to build with provided picture, and it provides a satisfactory swoosh for small hands...though I may prefer a slightly more imposing weight to size ratio in my own MOCS.

















Until next time
The Cure-all Pill

No comments: