Popular Posts

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Futuron 6885: Crater Crawler~Alternate

We put the Saturn in Main Base.









I ran into a special 'problem' with 6885's alternates.  The designers apparently had the spare bits on hand and they used them... guess what I didn't get when I imported this thing?  And no one's inventoried the spare bits 6885 comes with...so I almost don't trust that I won't miss something making these alternates.


















After my initial confusion I peeroned the list of space sets with the tiny blue dot and pulled from the one set I had readily available to provide the spare bit.  harumph!











Did you know this blue dot was only released in one set each year from 1987-1991?  It was a pretty special bit until '92.

1987













1988












1989 spare obtained here


















1990













1991













From 92 onward the blue dot received a more regular appearance... and now it's downright common, but by gum that was an itty bitty bother.

First off the box alternate line is this scooter launch base.

This is a small sample of what Crater Crawler can offer the collection...prefab corner walls and prefab rounded windows, it's a mini base wrapped over a truck bed.

The robot seems to be waiting for something...

Monotonous robot voice--Weee!--  Take over?  Pfft, more like, cause minor inconveniences.  






















"I knew I shouldn't have set it to fun mode!"

monotonous robot voice--Silly astronaut... pursuit is futile... Ha ha. Ha ha.--
















"I'll reprogram this little guy to be boring and boom bodda bing.  That oughta resolve our differences."

Monotonous Robot--01 11 00, access command line interface...press any button to continue.








Scooters come in multiple flavors and colors...Each scooter has one hand operated booster.  Not the most balanced design, but for short trips they seem acceptable.












Longer trips are better aboard this little speeder.
That sums it up.  I like this little base.  It has a fair bit of play value to it on its own and the idea can easily be expanded upon.

Until next time

The Cure-all Pill

No comments: