Popular Posts

Monday, May 25, 2015

Futuron: 6885 Crater Crawler Alternate~4

And we come to the end of 6885's alternates... It isn't very good...


















behold the misshapen monstrosity!

















I really don't like this spacecraft, its foundation is a big plate which pushes all the design upward and creates a very squared off flat footed shape.  It makes me think of a snail with its eyes on the fences, its big shell in back...and some cannons on the side?














This isn't bad, the windscreen assembly hinge and attachments seem proper, if under powered.


The whole main body is flat and empty inside the fenced in area.  This design may be focused on showing kids what can be done with the big plate outside of the base alternate but it doesn't work.  


Looking through the windscreen is optimal, but apparently reclining and reading your dials is an optional feature.  


















So, thoroughly unimpressed as I am, I'm going to break off what I like about this model and make something better with the leftovers.

I really like the guns, and the cockpit /rear has potential, so I left those alone.  I pulled the nose and shifted some bits around, and made a central light on the front.


In space, there's no friction to steer against, so I added on some side thrusters for adjusting the ships angle of approach and trajectory.  I followed up with a few more blue highlights to keep the design reasonably consistent; if not with Futuron, then with the model itself.


The cockpit is much smaller and close feeling.  It isn't as open to the elements.



















And the pilot can see out into that nebulous vastness of space.  Back to work you.  Go bag some Blacktron baddies.
















Which Crater Crawler alternate is your favorite?

Scooter Base

Racecar

Transport

Spaceship














Sound off in the comments.

Until Next time,

Cure-all Pill

No comments: